Experience Required3 years +
PackageAttractive Benefits + Free Parking
RolesTechnical and Design
Immediate role for a TEKLA CAD Draughtsman required for a new modern office near Southampton.
- Excellent knowledge of steel design & steel connection details.
- Experience of producing architectural metalwork’s and structural steel’s fabrication drawings using TEKLA is essential.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineer’s and Architect’s drawings, understand and deliver the information from Structural Steel specification into the fabrication drawing.
- Ability to liaise competently with Engineers & Architects and manage the flow of technical information on the project is essential.
- Ability to work as a team to ensure every project is a success. Works will involve co-ordination with Commercial, Project, Production and Site departments.
- Ability to work from site measurements and produce fabrication drawings from those measurements. Liaising with the design team / engineers to close out/clarify any discrepancies.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a number of projects at any given time by prioritising projects based on site dates and production needs. Very keen and eager to get the job done even if it requires overtime to complete the work.
- Knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to 3D Model build, connections detailing and fabrication drawings is essential.
- Able to work to company’s procedure and ensure the flow of information and document controlling is maintained to high level.
- Design Review Meeting with Project managers to review the Specification, Tender drawings, Site surveys & Connection calculations.
- Keep track of all the variation and maintain the variation record sheets with supporting evidence and data for the Commercial team to access.
- Maintain organised project design folders with all revisions clearly labelled to show the current issues.
Interviews will be taking place with immediate effect.
This role would suit a Draughtsman/Designer looking to progress their career within the steelwork/cladding arena.