Job ID 4420
Experience Required 5-10 years
Package Generous car allowance, fuel card, bonus
My client is looking to expand their Projects team with a Project Manager with at least 5 years’ experience within the office design industry. You will need to have experience in managing the delivery of large-scale refurbishment projects and be able to “hit the ground running”. You will need to integrate into an established company team, be supportive of the company’s desire to grow and be a pro-active, reliable and determined member of the team. Their Project Managers have overall responsibility to project manage (site based) any successfully won project which will be programmed in for you. The successful candidate will be someone who will integrate well into our already established team, can motivate and inspire people and who has a financially commercial mind who wants to forge a long lasting, successful and rewarding career.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS:
- Manage site inductions and oversee and manage health and safety compliance.
- Managing all site documentation.
- Ensure Procore (project delivery software) is kept up-to-date.
- Reviewing and signing off sub-contractor RAMS.
- Managing subcontractors & trades on site.
- Setting up the site.
- Manage the site workbook.
- Snag and raise issues with works teams and ensure items are rectified and finished to the correct standard.
- Arranging internal & external team meetings, client meetings and sub-contractor meetings including producing agendas.
- Lead meetings, take minutes and issue to attendees.
- Book sub-contractors onto project to meet program milestones.
- Review & comment on drawings.
- Update the program of works on a weekly basis.
- Programme design and management.
- Manage change orders and site costs alongside the Project Finance team.
We are looking for the candidate to be highly competent in all the following:
- 5 years + experience of on-site project delivery.
- Broad property, building or construction background.
- Able to design and manage a programme of works.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- To understand and manage/update the workbook throughout the job.
- An excellent understanding of M&E systems.
- Experience of managing office relocations, refurbishments and fit-outs including IT infrastructure.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good people management skills.
- Client facing and driven.
- Good understanding of health and safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment.
- Confidence to meet with clients, subcontractors and building managers.
- Programme design and management – the ability to organise, manage and prioritise workloads in a very high-pressure environment.
- To work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong contracts and tendering experience.
- Good commercial acumen – legal knowledge and negotiating with multiple vendors.
- Flexible approach to travelling and staying away from home on a regular basis.
- Full and ideally clean driving licence.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- SMSTS trained
- CDM Regulations 2015
- NEBOSH – Construction
- Asbestos Awareness
- Fire Warden
- First Aid
- Microsoft Office 365
- Working knowledge of project planning software (for example; ASTA) and Construction Management software (for example; PROCORE) not essential but an advantage