Job ID 3861
Experience Required 5 years +
Package car allowance, healthcare, pension, hybrid working
Our client, a leading Mechanical and Electrical Hampshire based contractor is seeking a qualified QS.
To drive profitable growth across the company, understanding and defining the long-term business unit strategy. Being accountable for profitability and performance for the projects under your control, including the establishment and achievement of financial targets, ensuring the company and client needs are exceeded at all times.
- Manage all commercial and surveying activities to ensure they reflect the requirements of the business and implement the agreed project strategic plan to achieve the current and future agreed performance targets, minimising risk of exposure.
- Manage the surveying activities you are assigned daily, and as such, be accountable to the Managing Surveyor for their performance.
- Manage the projects you are assigned daily, and as such, be accountable to the Commercial Director for their performance.
- Ensure that all commercial activities are delivered to the agreed time/cost/service/specification, presentation, and quality.
- Keep and maintain full documentation to ensure that good business practice is achieved and that the company’s contractual and corporate responsibilities are discharged.
- Full compliance with commercial team daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, and general responsibilities.
- Full compliance with the company standards and expectations manual.
Cost Control and Management:
- Record, cost and submit variations weekly to the client in line with the process, procedures, and policies in line with the Group standards.
- Production of external applications/invoices with the Project Managers to maximise the values claimed.
- Manage monthly certifications from our clients to ensure the full application submitted is certified for payment, the date for payment is agreed and actual payment is received as agreed.
- Responsible for the final account production and negotiations throughout the project to final account settlement.
- Provide payment information to the Group Credit Controller daily/weekly.
- Support with credit control meetings and queries.
- Maintain a positive cash flow to all projects you are responsible for and provide monthly application/invoice summary to the Commercial Director.
- Produce the project monthly financial reports and their presentation to the Directors and ensure all Project Managers are fully aware of the spend values within the buying plans, reviewing, and monitoring as the project progresses through to completion.
Supply chain management:
- Be responsible for the sub-contractor accounts and financial management.
- Review sub-contractor quotations for compliance.
- Be responsible for the complete sub-contractor engagement process, procedures, and policies in line with the Group standards.
- Monitor sub-contractor valuations and variations in accordance with our payment timetable, policies, procedures and processes.
- Completion of sub-contractor certifications and final account agreements with the Project Manager’s assistance.
- Cross-referencing of the company’s variations to sub-contractors’ variations and the correct pricing parameters are being completed.
- Manage sub-contractor account discussions, difficulties, and agreements.
- On offer is a competitive salary package with genuine progression for the right person as my client believes in organic promotion as a number of their staff have been with this company well over 10 years.