Job ID 5032
Experience Required 5-10 years
Package Bonus + 25 days hols +Bonus + 4% pension + life cover
Our client is a leading main contractor based on the border Hampshire/Dorset border specialising in full Design & Build works including Education, MOD and Eco/Green Homes across the south of England.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a multi-disciplinary design team to deliver safe, sustainable, and coordinated projects to an agreed scope, programme, and budget.
- Ensure the technical team are fully resourced and well directed with a clear understanding of their own job responsibilities and that they are supported in achieving these with appropriate training and development and the organisation of the department’s workload.
- Manage the pre-construction process, producing technical design solutions that maximise the potential returns from the development by ensuring all technical problems are effectively addressed.
- Ensure adherence to all statutory regulations, identify, and promote products or building practices that will cost effectively achieve these.
- Ensure timely production of working drawings, site engineering and technical details to allow the build programmes and overall strategic programmes to be met.
- Undertake the role of Principal Designer under CDM regulations ensuring that sites can be safely built and managed by the Construction team.
- Lead, direct and monitor every aspect of the design team with strong cross functional leadership.
- Execute business strategies and practices to constantly improve production capability, quality, costs, and customer service.
- Propose, prepare and execute initiatives to enhance profitability.
- Supports the Company’s safety vision and complies with all safety rules, policies, and procedures maintains accountability for safety performance of subordinate personnel.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and conflicts.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and provide leadership in the execution of complex designs.
- Knowledge of theory, principles, and practices of engineering, design, and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of design-build Manufacturing delivery methodology.
- Ability to delegate and manage multiple operations effectively.
- Possesses written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations.
- Develops and manages budgets within established parameters.
- Ability to analyse and interpret technical materials accurately and effectively.
- Effective in making objective decisions.
- Strong knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Strong team philosophy.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Develop standardised manufacturing processes in conjunction with production and supply chain management.
- Actively keeps up to date with development in manufacturing techniques and shares that information to encourage an environment of continuous improvement.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of modern methods of construction.
- Track record of success managing a Design Team.
- Ideally Degree level however HNC/HND will be considered with the right experience / Track Record or equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Detailed understanding of the CDM Regulations and the impact on building design and designers.
- In-depth understanding of The Building Regulations, BREEAM, DREAM, NHBC and BOPAS accreditations.
- Detailed knowledge of fire strategy and passive fire protection, thermal performance, acoustic performance, structural performance, air permeability, energy efficiency of buildings SAP (Standard Assessment Procedure) and M&E coordination.
- Detailed knowledge of light guage steel frame construction.
- Knowledge of Residential, Education and Defence markets.
- Strong commercial and communication skills; liaising with clients, consultants and various pre-construction and construction teams.
- Experienced and proficient user of AutoCAD and Revit software gained within a building/architectural/framing environment.
- Experience of working as part of a BIM Level 2 environment.
- Experience of designing steel framed or modular buildings would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of volumetric application (schools/housing/single living accommodation).
- Chartered Status in a relevant field.
- Construction qualifications desirable (RIBA, Meng, RICS etc).
- NEBOSH Certificate/NVQ Level 4 or above.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark at FBR Recruitment on 023 8033 2438 or send an updated CV to