Job ID 4596
Experience Required 3-5 years mininum buying experience
Package Pension/flexi hours
An immediate position has arisen for an experienced Facades / Cladding Buyer working with a well-established contractor based near Portsmouth.
The role will include:
- Purchasing goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Responsibility for improving company margins by negotiating advantageous deals both on a bespoke and volume basis.
- Working with the group director, management and external suppliers.
- Purchase materials in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements.
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of self, staff and visitors.
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
- Assist Finance in resolving invoice queries.
- On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package with genuine progression for the right person.
On offer is a competitive salary (all dependant on industry knowledge) and benefits package working with a new up-and-coming regionally based sub contractor.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark on 023 8033 2438 or send an updated CV to