Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/16/d622876352/htdocs/FBR-Construction-Recruitment/wp-content/plugins/wp-jobsearch/includes/single-pages/single-job.php on line 106
Experience Required5 years +
PackagePension, Healthcare + Bonus
My client is a well-established / forward thinking facade and glazing contractor with offices in based in Buckinghamshire.
Due to them having a growing order book and ambitious plans for the future, they are seeking an experienced full time estimator working on some prestigious completed projects such as London bridge station and forth-coming projects including airports, high end commercial builds including Battersea power station phase 2 and the Google building.
Duties will include:
- Preparing and issuing of tender quotations.
- Keeping the estimator tracker up to date with all the relevant and latest information on each estimate.
- Ensuring estimates are completed to a high standard and in the agreed time-scales.
- Reading and understanding specification documents and drawing to be able to prepare full quotations.
- Highlighting areas of risk and issues, assumptions and dependencies when preparing quotes for approval.
- Following up on submitted quotations and dealing with any changes/re-quotes.
- Respond to all phone calls, e-mails and other communications from clients and suppliers.
- Keeping up to date on all the latest relevant product lines and production feedback to ensure the latest and correct products are being quoted.
- Ensure continuous feedback from live projects to ensure the latest estimates on time-scales are being used in quote preparations to include but not limited to: drawing time, installation time, site management and warranty.
- Participation in a high level of team cohesion to meet deadlines and produce a high Standard of work.
- Previous estimating experience in aluminium systems, ideally Schuco, Aluprof, Sapa and experience with Steel glazing systems would be advantageous.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, specifically identifying the technical specifications related to the specialist glazing systems.
- Experience of working with estimating software, ideally LogiKal and Schucal
- Proficient Microsoft Office – Excel and Word
- Ability to work as part of a team to a high standard and to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Estimating: within a Glazed façade based industry, minimum of 3 years.
- Estimating Cladding systems would be advantageous.