Job ID 3877
Experience Required 2 years +
Package Hybrid working, 25 days hols, pension, bonus
A super role has come to fruition for a full-time Estimator.
- Attend initial brief with the client to gain an understanding of technical requirements and any budget related matters.
- Review and analyse client tenders/employers’ requirements.
- Negotiate contractual terms and conditions with the client, including the most commercially viable payment terms.
- Actively seek competitive quotes from sub-contractors through tender.
- Review sub-contractor quotes and revert with any inconsistencies.
- Actively follow project work through the Pre-Contract stage to safeguard project wins.
- Estimate, process and present project costs which have been negotiated with sub-contractors to ensure they are compliant with the client’s brief.
- Provide detailed item by item cost plan and estimate to enable strict financial control.
- Ensure that the Pre-Contract phase projects are commercially not just undertaken to win.
- Work alongside the design team for considered value engineering.
- Assist and secure the Licence to Alter for the client, advise clients on validations, measurement and condition checks proposal.
- Attend and review internal cost plan with the project finance team
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an estimator, preferably in design & build fit-out.
- Proven track record of yielding high profits in previous projects.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders – both internal and external.
- Ability to manage a varied and hectic workload.
- High level of commercial acumen and ability to provide guidance to rest of business • Good working knowledge of mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Degree or HNC/HND educated (desirable but not essential).
- Competent with Microsoft Excel with a good knowledge in Outlook & Word.
- Good working knowledge of JCT contracts & current building regulations.