Job ID 5035
Experience Required 5-10 years
Package Bonus, car allow + 25 days hols
Our client is one of the UK’s largest painting and property building maintenance contractors in the UK with offices in the South West.
With growth and progression, an exciting opportunity exists for a knowledgeable Estimator to be based from their modern offices in Bristol.
Main Job Purpose:
The main job purpose is to produce high quality commercial estimates that secure contracts for our branches at a price that can be met by our delivery teams. This role will form part of the National Commercial team reporting to the Director of projects.
- The accurate production of strategic tender submissions for Social Housing Repairs, Planned Works, Decarbonization Retrofits, Painting and Passive & Active Fire Protection related opportunities.
- Ensure that bids are collated to allow sufficient time for the Directors/relevant colleagues to give them proper review and consideration.
- To establish clear methods of access and how work will be delivered at tender stage, communicate with the client post submission to establish feedback on the submission and develop relationships with customers to help establish repeat business.
- The liaison with supply chain partners. Maintain strong relationships with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- The collation and evaluation of relevant data.
- Accurate interpretation of client requirements.
- Build up of unit rates.
- To ensure the accuracy and financial viability of tender submissions. Exercise sound commercial judgement to protect the company from financial or other loss.
- Compile large tender submissions using the recognised Commercial Team (New Projects) format.
- To produce accurate and timely National and Regional Estimates based on client tender documentation. Travel will be an essential requirement for this role.
- Compile accurate and concise Tender Overviews for ITT’s and other opportunities.
- Evaluation of tender enquiries.
- Check tender documentation and identify what the contract involves and any areas of risk.
- Identification of sub-contract requirements.
- Evaluation of material quotes and sub-contractor price returns.
- Building up of unit rates for tendering purposes.
- Develop data base for use when collating large tender submissions and regularly update.
- Understand the cost base and production levels required to secure turnover.
- Ensure relevant queries are raised immediately, communicating information upon receipt.
- Regularly review all aspects relating to the cost base of submissions (labour rates, sub-contractors, plant and materials).
- Produce forecast budgets for labour, plant and materials, hand over secured projects with clear notes on strategic decisions made during the tender process, to communicate with delivery teams to ensure labour outputs are up to date and accurate and to communicate with Branch Managers to establish priorities and margin expectation.
- To produce financial information to tight deadlines.
- To produce reports for tender adjudication purposes.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement in the tendering process.
- To liaise with colleagues to ensure best financial bid submission.
- Provide support and guidance to ensure effective mobilisation of contracts.
- To carry out other duties associated with the commercial function.
- Proven track record in pricing bids using “first base principals”.
- Proven experience in post tender negotiations with clients.
- At least 5-years’ experience in the role with leading competitors.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Maintaining a flexible attitude to work task and workload to ensure tender deadlines are achieved.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients. Good communication is a fundamental element of the role to ensure the efficient transfer of information. Good communication will ensure that information is shared timely which will result in more effective working practices. This includes communication with colleagues, line manager, clients and suppliers.
- Refurbishment, Social Housing and Painting estimating experience an advantage but NOT essential.
- CLAIT or ECDL computer qualification.
- Ability and willingness to contribute to the overall development of the tendering process.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark at FBR Recruitment on 023 8033 2438 or send an updated CV to