Job ID 4689
Experience Required 2-3 years
Package Training, pension + bonus
An immediate role has come to fruition for an Assistant Estimator to join a friendly Pre-Contracts team, you will support the Senior Estimators and the Commercial Director in managing and coordinating all aspects of tenders from initial enquiry and qualifying job specific information though to breaking down the project once secured to give the factory the allowances to manufacture. You will be responsible for liaising with customers and sales members to understand their requirements and produce competitive and negotiated quotations for projects ranging from £10,000 to £1,500,000.
- Providing competitive estimates for bespoke windows, doors, and staircase joinery packages.
- Using internal estimating and take-off systems to accurately cost project/enquiry.
- Liaising with the Sales, Marketing and Estimating Team during the tender process.
- Producing sub-contract and material enquires for bespoke joinery.
- Answering sub-contractor and supplier queries and appraising quotations.
- Checking tender documents, making amendments where required.
- Abstracting information into subcontract and material packages.
- Identifying scope for design alternatives and value engineering.
- Sending enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers for tenders and live projects.
- Filling in CSA documents to identify the correct scope to send to sub-contract installation teams to receive fixed lump sum installation prices.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark on 023 8033 2438 or send an updated CV to